Ingredients // Serves 1
• 2/3 C oats
• 2/3 C water
• ½ C milk of your choice
• 1 ripe pear (diced)
• 1 T chia seeds
• ½ T pure maple syrup
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• Small handful of walnuts
• Any other toppings of choice
- Put the oats and water into a microwave safe bowl and cook for 1:30. (Check at regular intervals to prevent the oats from rising out of the bowl).
- Remove the bowl and stir in the pieces of pear.*
- Microwave oats for 1 more minute.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir in the milk. Add the cinnamon, chia seeds and maple syrup.
- Sprinkle the walnuts & pepitas or other toppings over the porridge and enjoy!
*You could also add the pear after you’re done cooking, but I prefer this way because it softens the pear and adds more flavour to the porridge!