The secret behind the creamy texture is coconut milk! Not only is coconut milk incredibly rich in vitamins and minerals but also contains high levels of iron, calcium, magnesium and vitamin E and C. However, coconut milk does have a high fat content, making it high in calories so it should be consumed in moderation. I have used light coconut milk in this recipe as a low-fat alternative but you could simply use a milk of your choice.
Ingredients // Makes 8
• 350 - 400mL light coconut milk
• 2 T raw cacao powder
• 2 small, very ripe bananas
• ¼ C natural peanut butter
• 1-2 T honey (or choice of natural sweetener)
- Put all the ingredients into your blender.
- Pour the mixture into your ice block moulds.
- Freeze for a few hours or overnight!
- To easily remove them from the mould, run them under warm water for a few seconds and then gently twist/pull.