This recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves apple pie or any traditional apple-based dessert! It might not taste exactly the same, but it has all the essential flavours! Warm, tender apple pieces, juicy sultanas and the perfect amount of spices combined with creamy oats create the perfect winter breakfast! (Although it tastes sooo good, I eat it all year round!)
Ingredients // Serves 1
• 2/3 C oats
• 1 C milk of your choice
• 1 Granny Smith apple
• ½ C sultanas
• 1 T chia seeds
• 1 tsp Cinnamon
• ½ tsp Nutmeg
- Chop ¾ of the apple into cubes. Chop the remaining quarter into slices for decoration. (If desired)
- In a pot on the stove, combine the oats, milk, apple pieces & sultanas.
- Turn the heat onto the highest setting and bring to a boil. Make sure you are stirring the mixture continuously so that it doesn't stick to the pot.
- Then reduce the heat and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Let it simmer for a few more minutes until the liquid is completely absorbed and it has become thick and creamy!
- Pour the porridge into a bowl, add any desired toppings and enjoy!
If you remake this recipe, I’d love to see it so don’t forget to tag me and hashtag #healthyhippy on Instagram!